New Zealand Registered office services
It is possible to use Private Box as your Registered Office for a New Zealand company. This means that Private Box will be the legal address for your NZ company and that you will have to store your company documents with us. Learn more about compliance here.
The advantages of using Private Box as your Registered Office are:
- Convenience - run a New Zealand company from any where in the world.
- Privacy - If you are running a home business you won't have people turning up to your front door step any more!
- Security - all your documents are stored securely. And coming soon - storing of all documents electronically at our PCI compliant facility.
- Ease of use - we help you stay 'in compliance' with the Companies Office.
- Our help & guidance - we have helped hundreds of companies establish a presence in New Zealand and know the process well. Let us help you today!
Registering with the NZ companies office? Make sure you comply.
What's the Price?
The Registered Office service is in addition to any mail services through our normal plans and will cost $199 (ex GST) per year per company.
Setup your Registered office now!
- Purchase a business plan. - To use our services as your registered office you must be using our Business Plan. Sign up here. Either "Business" or "Business Plus" can be used.
- Create your NZ Company - you can create a new company here. Your Private Box account will advise you what address to use.
- All directors must use their residential address (i.e. don't use your Private Box address) where it asks for "residential address". This is a legal requirement. You can use Private Box address for your "postal address" and your "registered office" address only.
- All presenters must use their residential address as well. A presenter is someone who presents (i.e. uploads or sends) documents to the Companies Office. This is normally one of the directors or the companies accountant (generally - but can be any agent that has been authorised by the company).
- Registered Office Address and Address For Service must be 24b Moorefield Road, Johnsonville, Wellington 6037. Don't forget to include your Suite number / Sorting Code if you have one.
- Address for Communication can be any of our Private Box addresses. Don't forget to include your Suite number / Sorting Code if you have one.
- Tell us about it! Email us the company name and number so we can associate with your account. We get notified of all new companies that use one of our addresses but we don't always know which account it should be linked to. Make sure tell us otherwise the company will get struck off - we would both hate that to happen!
- Fill out our PB 130. - You must also fill out and post us the appropriate PB 130 verification documentation. This must include proof of your current or most recent residential address.
- Store your Documents with us - You are required to store your companies documents with us. You will need to post or email these documents to us. Coming soon - soon you will be able to upload them directly to your site.
- Remember - the Directors Address must be your physical address. - This is your physical address in the location/country you reside. Just to remind you :-)
Good luck and remember you can get in touch with us if you get stuck - you are now well on your way to running your own NZ based company!
What information does Private Box store for my company?
Check out the requirements of a registered office.