Private Box is offering a free postal address to those affected by the floods. We will also give you $50 free credit on your account to cover all our mail fee’s – so you don’t need to worry about anything.
Are you displaced as a result of the floods? Worried about how you are going to receive your mail while you are away from your home?
Private Box is a mail forwarding company based in Wellington that has been operating for over 10 years. We specialise in providing a permanent address to those who want the freedom to live anywhere and automate their mail handling.
We are offering a free private box for one year to individuals who have been affected by the floods. If your business has been affected by the flood we are offering business addresses free for three months. To qualify one of the following must be true:
- You can no longer live at your residence
- Or cannot access your residence
- Or you have moved out of the area due to the floods
What do you need to sign up
- NZ drivers license
- Credit card (just for verification and to cover mail handling fee’s once your $50 credit has been used)
If you are not sure if you qualify or not please just give us a call 0800 122 335.
How to set it up?
1. If you have a digital copy of your drivers license and a credit card you can sign up here – https://www.privatebox.co.nz/plans-pricing/. The free box rental will be applied once we have verified your identity and address.
Or you can call us on 0800 122 335 to get started.
2. We will issue you a Private Box address via email and you can start using this right away. This is your new address. You can give this to anyone.
3. (optional) Set-up an NZ Post hold or redirection. For help on how to set-up a NZ Post Redirection for Private Box please see our support article Redirecting your mail from your home to your new Private Box mailbox. We can pay for this for you. Just let us know if you need it and we will take care of it.
Is there any cost involved?
We can offer you a free Private Box address in Hamilton or Wellington while you work out what you need to do in the future.
We will load $50 credit on your account to cover mail forwarding or scanning fee’s. Once you have used this credit there will be a cost to send or scan your mail depending on what you want done.
To get your physical mail
You can have this sent to your closest post shop for between $5.70 and $11.40 (up to 3 kg’s worth). Remember – you have $50 free credit to use.
Otherwise you can get your mail forwarded to any postal address for the cost of $1 + 50c a letter + postage.
To get digital copies of your mail
This costs 60c per letter. Shredding the hardcopy is free (and optional). This can be sent via email or you can log on to our secure portal to download your mail. The scanning fee includes 2 pages – extra pages are charged at 25c each.
Please note – if you leave your mail with us for more than a month there will be storage fees (25c per letter and starting from $1 for parcels).
Remember – you have $50 free credit to use. So that’s 83 scans. If you run out of free credit and you are still not in a permanent residence – talk to us and we will load more on for you.
To pickup your mail
You can pickup your mail from our Johnsonville office for $1.
Full list of services & prices
Can be seen here – Plans & Pricing.
So – let us help!
Call us to find out more on 0800 122 335 or if you are interested (or know someone who might be).