1. Build your local reputation
Wherever you use our mailing plans, you’ll receive a virtual mailing address in an NZ city. You can use our physical street address options in Auckland and Wellington. We also have PO Box options in Auckland, Wellington, and Tauranga in the North Island, and Christchurch and Queenstown in the South Island.
You can select the city most appropriate for your business.
Whether you’re based in NZ or overseas, investing in one of these addresses has benefits:
- For overseas companies, an NZ mailing address can increase client trust and confidence in your NZ operation and give you more credibility. Kiwis (New Zealanders) respond well to businesses with local details such as a local web domain, physical address, email address, phone number, and local references or testimonials.
- If you’re working remotely in NZ, having a business address in a city area can also be beneficial, creating a more professional image for your start-up or home business.
Learn more about registering your company using Private Box as your office address.
2. Stay flexible and reduce your costs
When you sign up for a Virtual Mailing Address, you’re not locked into a costly tenancy agreement as you would be if you chose to lease a premium office space in the centre of a business district.
When you go virtual, you can also save on various office-related costs:
- Overhead costs like utilities and the cost of maintenance and cleaning
- Commuter costs
- Technology costs
- Work lunches and catering for meetings
At Private Box, our business plans range from only NZ$49 to $119 a month. And as your business grows, you won’t have to look around for other premises; you can keep using our electronic storage services for your records.
Virtual Mailing Addresses also cut out a lot of admin work. If you’re receiving paper mail, it’s easy for letters and bills to pile up and get lost or go unread.
But with a Virtual Mailbox, checking your mail is quick and easy, and you can do it anytime. Using our Scan to Email feature, you only need your laptop or mobile phone.
If you have a business mailbox, you can use it for your mail too. However, if you don’t need our business services, we offer a Personal Mailbox option.
A personal mailbox is excellent if you need a secure way to keep on top of your private mail, for instance, if you’re travelling overseas for a year and want a safe way to stay in touch with your family.
3. Keep your home and business separate.
Working from home has many advantages, including fewer worries about Covid-19 and a more peaceful environment. If sustainability is critical to your business, it also makes sense not to drive to work if possible.
The inevitable loss of privacy when you combine work and home life is what gives some business owners pause. The advantage of adding a Virtual Mailing Address to your home office setup is that we become your official point of contact for customers (particularly if you also decide to use a Virtual Receptionist).
No one knows where you live, and no one will knock at your door and disturb your family.
You have privacy and independence. You can focus on the day-to-day running of your business in the complete privacy of your home office space or spend a day working at the beach or the park.
Your employees will also save on commuter costs and can focus on doing their best work in a quiet environment.
4. Sort out your mail and store your documents safely with virtual mailing
We provide a range of mailing services to help your business run smoothly.
Among our options is Scan to Email. You can have your mail automatically opened, scanned, and sent in digital form. We store the digital copy in your account, free of charge, so you can retrieve it at a later date if you need to.
You can also have us collect all your mail and then let us know the letters you want to have scanned. Among our other mail management tools are:
- Mail forwarding, both within NZ and globally
- OCR (optical character recognition)
- Automatic destruction: You can have your mail destroyed seven days after it’s scanned and sent to you.
When you sign up for Private Box, we can also store your company documents in our secure, online storage facility, making it easy for you to meet all your NZ compliance obligations.
Under NZ law, the documents you’re required to store at your Registered Office Address include:
- Minutes of your meetings and resolutions of shareholders
- Share register
- Full names and addresses of current directors
- Written communications to shareholders
- Copies of all financial statements
- Accounting records
Company documents can be uploaded or sent to us for storage (we will scan them and store them digitally). You can rest easy in the knowledge that they’re being kept securely. Sit back and relax as we take care of the details, and you focus on running a top-notch operation.
5. Add-on services
With our Virtual Office option, you can request additional services:
- A local phone number
- A phone answering service
- Storage of your non-mail items
- Fulfilment ( the process of delivering a product: including tracking and order updates)
- Help to get your company registered in New Zealand.
We have a variety of plans available on our site.
At Private Box, we have plans to suit everyone, whether you’re heading out on an overseas adventure and want to stay in touch with your family, a business owner looking to expand into NZ, or you want to start your new company here.
If you’re a professional, having some form of Virtual Mailing Address definitely has many benefits in terms of maintaining your business image and bringing cost reductions, time management, security, and convenience. Signup for a business mailbox here.