Address for Service
An Address for Service is the address for delivery of legal summons or other court documents.
It is best to use an address where someone can accept these documents (they need to be signed for before they can be “served”).
Private Box can act in this capacity, however, please be aware:
- The law is unclear whether we can act in this capacity – see Section 192(2) of the Companies Act 1993.
- It depends on your interpretation of a postal centre / document exchange. Private Boxes could fall into this category.
- Private Box also is a Registered Office supplier (and has a good working relationship with the NZ Companies Office).
- If we are to act in this authority a letter of capacity with the Companies Letter Head must be held on file. A template letter is available from Accept Service On Behalf
- A fee of $232 (incl GST) per year is paid
It is important to note that a breach of the Companies Act could mean the directors of the company are held liable for the breach.